Thursday, March 6, 2008

Kevin Leads the Way in Standing up for Workers' Rights


G'day my name is Kevin but my friends call me 'Banger'. I have worked for Sanitarium for almost 18 years. This is the first time I have protested in this way but I feel strongly that it is important to stand up for what you believe in. In the time I have worked at Sanitarium, it has changed so much, their 'core values' are now simply a 'joke'. Sanatarium talks down to its workers’ like we are kids. Sanitarium claims to look after the community which is bull, because I experience what they don't do for their immediate community - their own workers, first hand.
  • Don't ask Sanatarium to change your shift so you can pick up your kids from day care
  • Don't bring up OH&S or you will be like me punished and put into a lesser job
  • Don't raise health, hygeine or clothing standards or you will be stood down like I have been

Well NO More...Enough is enough! Thank you to all that supported me here today and to all those workers like me at Sanitarium who continue to believe that we have rights to our freedom of choice and to be members of our union, the NUW. Support and JOIN the NUW now. Let's stick together and fight for a better working life for ALL Sanitarium Workers and our families.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand the frustration. Good on you! It's about time this rogue employer who hides behind the Church are exposed for what they really stand for. How long can Sanitarium continue to makes fools of the Church that owns this company?

Anonymous said...

G'day my name is Kevin my friends call me Banger. I have worked for SANO for all must 18 years, his is the first time I have done anything like this it scared the hell out of me.In the time I have worked sano it has changed so much ,there core values are a joke.Sano talks down to its worker like we were kids.They claim to look after the communion which is bull, I know.Don't ask Sano to change your shift so you can pick up your kids from day care.Don't bring up OH&S or you will be like me punished and put into a lesser job, Please HELP I am calling on all member of the union and friends to come to the SDA church on freemans Dr at 8.45am and voice our right for a choice.

Anonymous said...

Sanitarium have lost a customer! I always bought their products but finding out how they treat their workers is appalling.

So, from one humble customer I say farewell Sanitarium!

Anonymous said...

It always takes brave people to make a statement and fight back against injustice on any level. Whilst it does seem apparent that Sanitarium has taken a heavy handed approach to any opposition from their workers over many years,it will continue unless workers take a united stand TOGETHER!

Anonymous said...

how dare they do this to the very workers that live in their own community. my 2 sons play soccer for morisset and we were a weet bix eating family until i heard of all this going on. i will be asking all of the parents of the soccer players at morisset to boycot sanitarium products until these workers are treated fairly.

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you all. I can feel the 'spirit'. Maybe this will encourage others to follow the leadership displayed here.

Anonymous said...

well done banger. sorry i couldn't be there on saturday to support you but i had other commitments. the union and the employees at SATANARIUM need people like you to lead the fight for fair conditions against this mob of pathetic bastards who try to hide everything behind their christian values. as i stated before i may have been made redundant but will still be their to support you all in your campaign.

Anonymous said...

well the new manager has started at cooranbong today. what does that mean? absolutely nothing he will be the same as every other manager before him. a puppet on a string. berkeley vale will tell him when he can poo, piss or just open his mouth same as all the others.

Anonymous said...

I have to fully agree with Kevin, I too am in the same position, I have spoke to Management at Cooranbong Site on numerous occasions ad nothing has been done, they jumped quick one week when they heard workcover was coming in about an Issue that is still not resolved and it has been 2 yrs.

If you do speak out your are victimised and they treat you like shit. Even Harrasement complaints fly out the door as HR wont do anything about it.

Yours Sincererly Smilly

Anonymous said...

To any non union workers at sanitarium. once your little award protection is gone you are on yout own and will cop the same shit as berklyvale. You all know who you are.

Anonymous said...

Why won't Sanitarium negotiate with the union? Is the motive one of authoritarianism?

Does Coles or Woolworths Customers Know?

Does Coles or Woolworths Customers Know?

Sanitarium - Public Health Risk?

ACTU Campaign

Our Campaign Message to Sanitarium Management